These Asian chicken peanut wraps make an easy and healthy lunch! Crispy coleslaw, crunchy carrots, and juicy chicken tossed in a peanut butter sauce wrapped in a tortilla. They are filling and delicious.
Why you should love these Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps:
I love anything that is wrapped in a warm tortilla! There are so many things to fill them with and turn them into. However, Asian chicken peanut wraps have to be at the top of my list! Why? They are satisfying and light all at the same time.
One of my favorite cuisines of all time is Asian food. I cannot get enough of the flavor combinations, textures, and meals that simple ingredients and quick sauces can make. Whenever it is my turn to pick Saturday after work lunch or take out I always go for Thai or Japanese food. I get tired of waiting for days when we eat out so I make it in my kitchen!
These Asian chicken peanut wraps have the flavors of your favorite Asian restaurant without having to order out and wait. They are ready within a matter of minutes with ingredients you have around the house. To make these even better they make great leftovers! Toss the leftover chicken into a stir fry, on top of a salad, or into a casserole with rice and cheese. The possibilities are endless.
What is in Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps:
Crunchy, yummy good for you carrots. Any type of carrots will work. I like to buy a package of shredded carrots to save loaves of time. Other great options are spiralized or carrot slivers.
Packaged coleslaw is your best friend here! It is cheap and can be repurposed for tacos or stir-fries if you do not use it all. Chopped green or red cabbage are a great substitute.
I like to make chicken for wraps in instant pot. Click here for my favorite recipe. This method is quick and simple to clean up after. However, a rotisserie chicken is a great alternative. Shred the meat and a portion of the skin up and toss it in with the veggies. Another option is to boil or bake the chicken and shred it. Or finally, grilled chicken cut into cubes is a tasty alternative.
Who doesn’t like avocados? They add a nice creamy, rich base for the chicken and coleslaw mixture to sit on without the extra heaviness of a mayo. This step is optional, but essential in my eyes.
Peanuts give the slaw a fun texture and a nice crunch. There is an option to dry roast them in the oven for 10 minutes or you can buy them pre-roasted. Salted or unsalted work just as nicely. If you do not have peanuts, use sesame seeds, walnuts, or Pistachios.
Steps for making Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps:
Make the chicken:
Cook the chicken however you want to. My preferred method for making chicken is in my instant pot. However, you can bake, grill, or boil the chicken.
A rotisserie chicken is a wonderful alternative that will save you time!
Make the slaw:
Toss the bag of coleslaw or sliced cabbage with the shredded carrots, cilantro or green onions and peanuts. I also like to toss my chicken in at this point too.
Make the sauce:
The sauce is super simple, throw all of the ingredients in a small bowl or right on top of the veggies and chicken. However, there are wonderful store-bought alternatives. Look for one with whole ingredients and pleasant color.
Make the wrap:
This is the best part! Grab a wrap or flour tortilla, spread a bit of avocado onto the wrap. Add the desired amount of chicken coleslaw mixture and roll it up!
Tips for making Asian Chicken Peanut Wraps:
- These wraps are great to make ahead of time. If you would like to make them in advance, make the dressing separately and assemble all the ingredients together when you are ready to eat them.
- Leftovers can be eaten for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Toss the leftover chicken mix into a salad, stir fry, or cheesy rice casserole.
- If you are Gluten-free: switch the soy sauce for gluten-free soy sauce. Use a gluten-free wrap, corn tortilla, or throw it over lettuce for a filling salad.
- Veggies can be swapped for whatever you have on hand. Try shredded Brussel sprouts, celery, broccoli, or bell peppers.
- To make vegan: swap the honey for maple syrup. Use drained and rinsed chickpeas or pan-fried tofu instead of chicken.
If you make Asian chicken peanut wrap, be sure to leave a comment and give a star rating below letting me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for future HMB recipes and for other readers.Print
These Asian chicken peanut wraps make an easy and healthy lunch! Crispy coleslaw, crunch carrots, and juicy chicken tossed in a peanut butter sauce wrapped in a tortilla. They are filling and delicious.
- 2 chicken breast cooked
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 half avocado smashed (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 6–8 tortillas
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together carrots, coleslaw, cilantro, and roasted peanuts. I like to add chicken here as well, but you can leave it off if you don’t want sauce on your chicken.
- Pour sauce over the dry ingredients and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Add avocado to the tortillas. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas.
- Tightly roll tortillas, using toothpicks if needed. Enjoy!
- Store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded carrots and coleslaw mix are great time savers.
- Store-bought peanut sauce can also be used.
Keywords: Lunch, Main Dish, Chicken, Simple, Asian, Instant Pot